Monday 5 March 2012

Salmon in coconut creme- tasty and different experience.


Salmon in creamy coconut sauce
Sometimes the taste bud desires a slightly different taste but with the same ingredients. I went to the supermarket and bought some fillets of salmon fish. I am very much influenced by my friend who lives in the US and she has influenced me to prepare this finger licking dish ‘Baked salmon n coconut crème sauté. It is not necessary that great recipes require great chefs; Even a simpleton like me can prepare great recipes but with a little bit of conception. Let me share with my readers how I had prepared this excellent finger licking dish.


Ingredients: (for preparation of 4 persons)

Salmon fish fillets (300 gms. sliced into equal rectangular pieces of 3-4 nos.)

Olive oil (7- 8 teaspoon)),

Mustard seed paste (about 25 gms.),

Rock salt (about a pinch)

Garlic paste (1 teaspoon),

Ground pepper (½ teaspoon),

Clove powder (1 teaspoon),

1 can of coconut milk,

Chopped coriander leaves/parsley for garnishing.

Procedure: Marinate the fish fillets with olive oil, garlic paste, mustard seeds’ paste, rock salt, clove powder and pepper for one hour. Take a frying pan and pour about 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil in it. Pour the contents of coconut milk directly from the can into the pan. Coconut milk may be obtained naturally by scraping the soft white portion of a coconut and filtering the white liquid from it. Release the already marinated salmon fillets into the cooked coconut mixture. Transfer the entire mixture into a microwave proof bowl and cook at 375 degree Celsius for 20 minutes. Remove the content into a serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley leaves.

You may serve this with bread, rice. Enjoy food with your family members. Salmon is a tasty fish indeed.













1 comment:

  1. Hello.
    I love salmon & coconut. These are ingredients too that are readily available from my local supermarket. What's nice is that it's baked & not fried. I might have to get my wife to make this...sounds & looks delicious.
    Thanks for sharing.

    What Makes A Woman Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Day trips you can plan starting from Madrid

Spain, a country situated along the Iberian peninsula, South Western Europe shelters 48 UNESCO world heritage sites, beaches, vibrant cit...