|Yummy schezwan chicken- a difference to normal dining!|
Long time I had thought of preparing something which is easy, quick and a yummy deal. Chicken being the most widely available source, I thought let’s do something different with chicken. Off to my ‘laboratory’ (kitchen of course) and my plethora of ingredients, I started an experiment and that was a grand success. Especially if you are trying with chowmein, this will be a great recipe to try with. Quick and easy this recipe will be liked by many, my food lover friends, I guess. A total of 25 minutes in the kitchen, it’s a real good dish that can be tried with a ‘main course’ of your choice.
1. 750 gms. of boneless chicken,
2. 2 tablespoons of dark soya sauce,
3. 1 teaspoon of salt,
4. ¾ teaspoon of black pepper blend,
5. 1 ½ tablespoons of hot n sweet sauce( tomato n chilli),
6. 1 ½ tablespoons of green chilli sauce,
7. 2 tablespoons of schezwan sauce,
8. 1 teaspoon of vinegar,
9. ½ medium sized garlic minced,
10. Butter or white oil for frying,
11. 2 tablespoons of coconut milk,
12. Lemon grass for garnishing,
13. 1 big sized bell pepper ( capsicum)chopped,
14. 1 cup of spring onions chopped,
15. ½ cup of tomatoes chopped.
The procedure is illustrated in steps.
Step 1: Marinate the chicken with salt, vinegar and dark soya sauce for 10 minutes. Heat oil in a frying pan and start frying the chicken. Add minced garlic to it.
|Frying the chicken.|
Step 2: Add the veggies- capsicum, spring onion and tomato to it. Cook for some time till the veggies becomes soft.
|Adding the veggies to it.|
Step 3: Add tomato chilli sauce, vinegar , soya sauce and salt to it. Cook for about 10 minutes till the veggies become soft.
Step 4: Add coconut milk. Stir till it attains the consistency.
Remove and serve it with chinese fried rice or chowmein. Make a difference to a normal dinner with a bit of innovation.