|Yummy bite- spinach and cheese!|
There is a great saying that mothers are the best doctors without a degree. Weekends are always exciting for kids and family. But for a mom it’s the greatest challenge – what could be the next yummy snack for the family? This weekend was a usual one unless I turned it to be a bit exciting with my usual smart cooking skills. Well, what I did was to combine all the vegetable, bake a bit and the result was- spinach and egg frittata. For those kids who are expert in framing excuses to skip a meal of green veggies- this is the most appropriate solution.
- 2 medium sized bell peppers chopped into smaller pieces,
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped into smaller pieces,
- 1 bunch of spinach blanched into smaller pieces,
- ½ teaspoon of garlic paste,
- 1 medium sized potato skinned and chopped into smaller pieces,
- 2 medium sized onions chopped into smaller pieces,
- 7 eggs beaten,
- ½ teaspoon of salt,
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper powder,
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese,
- Oil to fry the veggies.
1. Frying pan,
- Take little oil in a skillet and add all the veggies including the garlic paste to it. Cook for some time till all the veggies are nicely cooked.
- Add the potatoes and cook for some time till it becomes soft.
- Add the chopped spinach leaves and
- Transfer the content to a baking tray.
- Place the beaten eggs over it.
- Transfer to an oven and bake it 180 degree Celsius for 15 minutes.
- When the egg is set then again top with the cheese.
- Again put to bake for 3-4 minutes till the cheese melts.
Remove and allow cooling. Serve it to your family. Your kids will surely like it.